Dear Fellow Griffon Family,

Greetings from the Missouri Western Alumni Board! When we wrapped up Homecoming weekend, I found myself in awe of the amazing alumni that are working around the corner, across the state, throughout the nation and even around the world. It was an honor to recognize a handful of those Angie Springsalumni during the Alumni Awards Banquet. The latest group of award recipients represented entrepreneurs, members of our armed forces and professors, just to name a few (see p.28). They also represented you. Please know that you are amazing, too, because you are a Griffon.

In addition to a great Alumni Awards Banquet, I want to thank the community for coming out to support the Homecoming parade. It was great to see so many people came out to enjoy such a beautiful day. As a Mama Griff, it was equally exciting to come back to campus and enjoy Arts, Beats, and Treats with my oldest son. He had a great time on campus along with about 100 other future Griffs making Griffon snack mix and taking pictures in the photo booth. Do you have a future Griff in your life? I invite you to bring them to one of our kid-friendly events!

As we closed the first half of a new school year, I want to encourage you to think about ways that you can give back to Missouri Western. Perhaps you would be interested in mentoring a student or would like to share your story about how Missouri Western has shaped your life. Or maybe you would be interested in more information on how to become a member of the Alumni Board of Directors. Or, you may want get involved with or even start a networking group in your community for fellow alumni. And if you haven’t had the chance to make a financial gift to the University, I encourage you to please do so. I want to give everyone the opportunity to get involved in whatever way fits into your life no matter where you are – because no matter where you are in life, we all have one thing in common. We are Griffons.

Angie Springs, ’02
President, Alumni Association
Raising Future Griffs
Griffon Strong