By: Morgan Hughes

The women of Sigma Sigma Sigma hosted their annual Jump-A-Thon Wednesday, September 28, 2016 outside of the Kelly’s Commons.

The event included 2-dollar root beer floats, 50-cent raffle tickets for a chance to win a $50 visa gift card.

All of the proceeds raised money for March of Dimes and Children’s Therapy. 

The idea behind Jump-A-Thon is for the members of Sigma to be continuously jumping rope while raising proceeds and awareness.

Western Junior and a member of Sigma Sigma Sigma, Amy Insco, was excited to participate in her third Jump-A-Thon.

“Jump-A-Thon holds a near and dear place in my heart. I love being able to hang out with my sisters while raising money for a good cause,” Insco said.

The cool 65-degree day provided the girls with a perfect setting for their school-based event.

Alpha Sigma Alpha member, Hayley Tiller, came out to support the Sigma’s during their event.

“It’s really awesome to see all of the Greeks come out and support each other when the other has an event,” Tiller said.

Freshmen at Western and new member of Sigma Sigma Sigma, Riley Rasche, was excited about her first experience with Jump-A-Thon and starting her journey with Sigma. 

“I didn’t know really what to expect coming into it, but I had so much fun at my first Jump-A-Thon with all of my sisters, and I can’t wait to see what this year will hold for us,” Rasche said.

After welcoming 25 new members to their chapter last week, Sigma Sigma Sigma was excited for Jump-A-Thon this year because philanthropy is a big part of who they are.

Senior member, Stefanie Lowe, explained the importance of Jump-A-Thon to Sigma.

“It not only raises money for a good cause, but it also allows us to show the new members everything that goes into being a good member of Sigma Sigma Sigma,” Lowe said.